Hello family and friends. Enjoy reading my updates and the adventures I've had.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Preparing for Sevilla

Hello! I am currently writing from my safe haven, Wheaton, but in 4 days I will be flying to Sevilla, Spain.  As January 7th approaches, I am becoming more and more nervous about my time abroad, but definitely looking forward to the experience.

The one of the most frustrating parts of getting ready to go abroad was gathering all of the paperwork for my Spanish student visa and then making sure that I have 6-8 weeks to process the visa.  And I had turned in my paperwork so my Spain student visa had exactly 7 weeks to be processed, and luckily I got it last week (week 6).  So once I had that puppy in my hands, I knew I was golden.  Another frustrating hurdle was that I had to officially withdraw from St. Norbert for the semester in order to go through a different program at North Central College.  So technically I am not student, and therefore I don't receive a SHOP number for selecting my housing for fall 2011...lame. However, my future roommates are understanding.  Also, I won't be able to register for my classes until this summer after I am re-enrolled at St. Norbert.  Hopefully, I will get into the classes I need, and if not, I will work my magic.

I'm also trying to figure what to pack and what to leave behind.  I'd love to take my whole closet,  but I'll have to be picky.  For example, I'm debating on whether or not I want to take my rain boots so that my other shoes won't get destroyed.  Or for that matter I don't know which shoes to take and leave behind. oye. That's what Moms are for.

Today, I found that if I want to fix a settings dial on my Panasonic camera, it will cost me $275 as a base price...well it looks like I'll be purchasing a new camera.

Anyways my nerves are increasing by the hour and I hope I can mentally prepare myself.  And I'm trying to enjoy my last few days at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment